Negotiating deals is kind of like driving cars.
It’s easy to point out others that are bad at it, but nobody think they’re bad at it themselves!
In this episode, we dig into some of the finer points on negotiating a deal from a seller’s point of view. We look at some of the Do’s and Don’ts when it comes to working with buyers, brokers, and interested parties.
We’ll walk you through the process of receiving the first offer to coming to an agreement that will ultimately allow you to sell your business.
This can be a very exciting (and nerve-wracking) step in the process — especially if you’re a first-time seller.
We’ll help demystify deal negotiations for you in this episode.
Like the show? Please stop by iTunes and leave us a review! We’ll give you a shout on the podcast and buy you a beer next time we get to meet you in person!
Listen To The Full Interview:
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- DON’T take it personal
- DO stay open to “creative” offers
- DON’T make promises you can’t keep
- DO keep your options open with other potential buyers (until the last minute)
- DON’T hide anything or ignore points made by the potential buyer
- DO find out as much about interested buyers as you can
- DON’T think the broker is ALWAYS aligned with your interests
- DO trust your broker to negotiate the deal
Featured On The Show: