Selling your website or online business can be quite an emotional decision. Those emotions often drive our decisions and even cause us to make mistakes if we’re not properly prepared.
One of the questions we often get is “Why would anyone ever sell a profitable business?” This question often comes with a bit of disbelief of why anyone would actually sell a site that’s making money. Whether it is the burden of regular maintenance or the need for extra cash for an important investment or an emergency, we all have our reasons.
On this episode, Justin and Ace chat about the reasons why people buy and sell businesses and share some proven strategies to help online business owners prepare their website for a sale. The tips laid out in this episode will help sellers attract the right buyers and opportunities and get a premium for your site. Don’t miss this episode jam-packed with golden nuggets of information for anyone looking to sell their online business.
Listen To The Full Interview:
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- The importance of communicating why you’re selling your online business.
- How much time you need to prepare your site for a sale.
- The ways that you should be separating yourself from the business you’re planning to sell.
- The records and documentation you need to keep.
- Why we think you should always use Google Analytics.
- How to determine the value of your site and price it accordingly.
- Ace’s best growth hack.
- Why you can’t neglect a business during the selling process no matter how tough it may be.
- The best and worst times to sell your business.
- And much, much more!
Featured On The Show:
- Google Analytics
- Clicky – Web Analytics in Real Time
- BizBuySell – The Internet’s Largest Business for Sale Marketplace
- HiveDesk – Simple and straightforward project management
- Built to Sell: Creating a Business That Can Thrive Without You by John Warrillow and Bo Burlingham